This privacy notice provides you with details of how we collect and process your personal data through your use of our site www.ruffandtumbledogcoats.com
By providing us with your data, you warrant to us that you are over 13 years of age.
The Ruff and Tumble Dog Company Ltd is the data controller and we are responsible for your personal data (referred to as “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice).
Full name of legal entity: The Ruff and Tumble Dog Company Ltd
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal address: Unit 11 Oakham Enterprise Park, Ashwell Road, Oakham, LE15 7TU
It is very important that the information we hold about you is accurate and up to date.
Please let us know if at any time your personal information changes by emailing us at email@example.com
WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU, FOR WHAT PURPOSE AND ON WHAT GROUND WE PROCESS IT
Personal data means any information capable of identifying an individual. It does not include anonymised data.
We may process the following categories of personal data about you:
- Communication Data that includes any communication that you send to us whether that be through the contact form on our website, through email, text, social media messaging, social media posting or any other communication that you send us. We process this data for the purposes of communicating with you, for record keeping and for the establishment, pursuance or defence of legal claims. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to reply to communications sent to us, to keep records and to establish, pursue or defend legal claims.
- Customer Data that includes data relating to any purchases of goods and/or services such as your name, title, billing address, delivery address email address, phone number, contact details, purchase details and your card details. We process this data to supply the goods and/or services you have purchased and to keep records of such transactions. Our lawful ground for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps at your request to enter into such a contract.
- User Data that includes data about how you use our website and any online services together with any data that you post for publication on our website or through other online services. We process this data to operate our website and ensure relevant content is provided to you, to ensure the security of our website, to maintain back- ups of our website and/or databases and to enable publication and administration of our website, other online services and business. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and our business.
- Technical Data that includes data about your use of our website and online services such as your IP address, your login data, details about your browser, length of visit to pages on our website, page views and navigation paths, details about the number of times you use our website, time zone settings and other technology on the devices you use to access our website. The source of this data is from our analytics tracking system. We process this data to analyse your use of our website and other online services, to administer and protect our business and website, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and to understand the effectiveness of our advertising. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and our business and to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy.
- Marketing Data that includes data about your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences. We process this data to enable you to partake in our promotions such as competitions, prize draws and free give-aways, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of this advertising. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy.
- We may use Customer Data, User Data, Technical Data and Marketing Data to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you (including Facebook adverts or other display advertisements) and to measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve you. Our lawful ground for this processing is legitimate interests which is to grow our business. We may also use such data to send other marketing communications to you. Our lawful ground for this processing is either consent or legitimate interests (namely to grow our business).
We do not collect any Sensitive Data about you. Sensitive data refers to data that includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data. We do not collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
Where we are required to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of the contract between us and you do not provide us with that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract (for example, to deliver goods or services to you). If you don’t provide us with the requested data, we may have to cancel a product or service you have ordered but if we do, we will notify you at the time.
We will only use your personal data for a purpose it was collected for or a reasonably compatible purpose if necessary. For more information on this please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In case we need to use your details for an unrelated new purpose we will let you know and explain the legal grounds for processing.
We may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent where this is required or permitted by law.
Our lawful ground of processing your personal data to send you marketing communications is either your consent or our legitimate interests (namely to grow our business).
Under the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations, we may send you marketing communications from us if (i) you made a purchase or asked for information from us about our goods or services or (ii) you agreed to receive marketing communications and in each case you have not opted out of receiving such communications since.
We will never share your personal data with any third party for their own marketing purposes.
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or OR by emailing us at email@example.com at any time.
If you opt out of receiving marketing communications this opt-out does not apply to personal data provided as a result of other transactions, such as purchases, warranty registrations etc.
DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below:
- Service providers who provide IT and system administration services.
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers.
- Government bodies that require us to report processing activities.
- Delivery companies
We require all third parties to whom we transfer your data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) do not always offer the same levels of protection to your personal data, so European law has prohibited transfers of personal data outside of the EEA unless the transfer meets certain criteria.
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we do our best to ensure a similar degree of security of data by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is in place:
- We will only transfer your personal data to countries that the European Commission have approved as providing an adequate level of protection for personal data by; or
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts or codes of conduct or certification mechanisms approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe; or
- If we use US-based providers that are part of EU-US Privacy Shield, we may transfer data to them, as they have equivalent safeguards in place.
If none of the above safeguards is available, we may request your explicit consent to the specific transfer. You will have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
We have put in place security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used, altered, disclosed, or accessed without authorisation. We also allow access to your personal data only to those employees and partners who have a business need to know such data. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they must keep it confidential.
We have procedures in place to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach if we are legally required to.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
When deciding what the correct time is to keep the data for we look at its amount, nature and sensitivity, potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure, the processing purposes, if these can be achieved by other means and legal requirements.
For tax purposes the law requires us to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they stop being customers.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under the new General Data Protection Regulation [GDPR] of 25th May 2018, you have the following rights with regards to your data:
Right to be Informed
Right of Access
You have the right to access the personal data that The Ruff and Tumble Dog Company Ltd holds for you.
Right to Rectification
You have the right to have inaccurate personal data rectified, or completed if it is incomplete.
Right to Erasure
You have the right to have any personal data we hold to be deleted. The right to erasure is also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’.
You can unsubscribe from our newsletters at any time. This will not erase your data from any other service you have signed up for, but it will stop any marketing emails being sent to you.
Right to Restriction
You have the right to request the restriction or suppression of your personal data. This means The Ruff and Tumble Dog Company Ltd are permitted to store your personal data, but not use it. However, this may make the delivery of certain services impossible.
Right to Data Portability
The right to data portability allows you to obtain and reuse the personal data The Ruff and Tumble Dog Company Ltd holds on you for your own purposes across other services. This allows you to move, copy or transfer personal data easily from one IT environment to another in a safe and secure way, without hindrance to usability.
Right to Object
You have the right to object to The Ruff and Tumble Dog Company Ltd processing your data if you believe we do not have a legitimate reason for processing it, for example, direct marketing. Please direct any objections you have to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Rights in relation to automated Decision Making & Profiling
This right refers to data processing that is done automatically without human involvement. In the case of The Ruff and Tumble Dog Company Ltd, this refers to our newsletter and websites, where we may use information we collect to tailor our marketing messages and product information to you.
You can make requests regarding any of these rights via an email to email@example.com. We will action these requests free of charge within 4 weeks of the request being received.
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
- Site Functionality Cookies (session cookies) – which are deleted when you close your browser. These help you navigate our site.
- Site Analytic Cookies – these allow us to measure and analyse how you use our sites to improve their functionality and your experience. We use Google Analytics for site analysis. These cookies do not allow us to identify you personally. You may prevent the data generated by cookies related to your use of the website (incl. your IP address) from being recorded and processed by Google by downloading and installing their browser plug in (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en).
- Customer Preference Cookies – these remember your preferences such as language for the next time you use our sites.
- Advertising Cookies – these cookies are used to deliver Ruff and Tumble relevant ads to you on platforms and websites such as Facebook, Bing and Google.
How to delete cookies
If you want to delete any cookies that are on your computer the “help section” in your browser should provide instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. Alternatively, you can click on the links provided below. Please note that by deleting or disabling future cookies your experience of our sites may be affected.
- Using Google Chrome
- Using Internet Explorer
- Using Safari (Mac)
- Using Safari (iPhone or iPad)
- Using Microsoft Edge
- Using Firefox
Please note that disabling cookies may limit your access to some features of our websites.
If you have any questions about this policy, or anything else please email us firstname.lastname@example.org or call us 03332 079960.
If you have a concern about The Ruff and Tumble Dog Company Ltd’s information rights practices you can contact the ICO directly